Sexual & Relational Diversity 101 – November 16
When: November 16, 2018; 9 am – 1:30 pm
Where: Philip RUSH Center 1530 Dekalb Avenue NE, Suite A, Atlanta, GA 30307
Cost: $80 Early Registration for 4 CE workshop registration until September 30, 2018
- $110 after Sept 30 ($40 for students with valid student ID**)
Presenter: Rachel Anne Kieran, PsyD
Despite efforts to maintain non-judgmental attitudes, most mental health professionals know so little about sexual and relational diversity that their responses to clients who “come out” to them can range from off-putting surprise to a disapproval that has anecdotally even done damage to clients, and created barriers to future treatment. We hope to prevent these experiences by educating mental health professionals in the areas of sexual and relational diversity – specifically alternative relationship structures (consensual power dynamics and/or non-monogamy), considerations of relational attraction, sexual orientation and identity. Presenters have been selected from local professionals with experience in treating these populations. This workshop will include two presentations, providing a total of four CEs* (pending approval).
- 8:00am – Setup (staff, sponsors and volunteers.)
- 8:30am – 9:00am- Check- In
- 8:55am – Welcome from REF – Scarlett Ross
- 9:00am – 10:30am – Session 1
- 10:30am – 10:45 am – Break
- 10:45am – 12:15 pm – Session 2
- 12:15 am – 12:30pm – Break
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm – Session 3
- 1:30pm – 2:00pm Collect CE documentation, networking
Please join us in August 2018 and share with any friends or colleagues who may be interested!
*CEs Pending approval: for GPA, SWs, LPCs, LMFTs
Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the event will incur a $25.00 Administrative fee.
Cancellations within 48 Hours of the event will not be refunded.