Survey on the legal needs and concerns of non-monogamous individuals
This is a survey to identify the needs and concerns of non-monogamous individuals regarding legal matters. We also hope to develop an initial sense of priority or importance of these issues. Once completed, we intend to provide information and eventually training to the legal community on ways to offer better services to non-monogamous individuals.
This survey is a joint collaboration of Relationship Equality Foundation, National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, Association of Black Sexologists and Clinicians, Loving More, Sarah Avraham, Esq., and Bill Dombrowski. The information gathered below may be shared with these organizations, their partners, the media, or other organizations upon request.
- To avoid overlap and duplication we are asking that the survey be completed by one person at a time. We are asking for individual responses versus couple, family, triad, quad, etc. You do not have to be actively participating in any relationship dynamic.
- For the purpose of this survey we define “non-monogamous individual” as follows: “An individual, who with full knowledge, freely chooses to, or has the desire to, form relationships (sexual or romantic) with multiple individuals, who also have full knowledge and are NOT coerced or deceived in the course of their participation in these relationships.”
- This survey is anonymous. You do not have to provide your name or any other identifying information (email, address, etc. to participate).
- This survey has not been reviewed by or endorsed by any scientific or educational organization or institutional review board. This survey is not designed to penalize, harm, and/or misrepresent any group or communities. It was created by organizations that are members of the same communities that are being asked to participate in the survey.
- The collective, anonymous results may be shared with other organizations that are doing similar work as the sponsoring organizations.
- Participation in no way creates any form of legal representation, nor do any of the sponsoring organizations offer legal advice or representation.
- Participation is completely voluntary.
- Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or older who is a resident of the United States of America or a US territory and who currently identifies as a “non-monogamous individual” as defined above.
- Your participation will require approximately 15- 30 minutes and is completed online at your computer.
Clicking the “continue” link below indicates that you are 18 years of age or older, and indicates your consent to participate in this survey